Saturday, December 21, 2013

Catch a Snapper in 10 Seconds!!!



I recently went out on my kayak to do some fishing and had a great day!!  Launched from Morningside Park in Miami, without stopping at the bait store for bait. Just a totally free trip besides a few bottles of water from the house and gas to get there.
Started out by trolling and casting artificial lures.  The trout were hitting left and right but alot of undersized ones. Still fun to catch but I wanted some dinner!!  



I ended up catching one keeper trout right in slot!!  I was happy I got one in the cooler!! 


 Paddled around and stopped at one of the islands to try to get some live bait.  Brought out the cast net and started blind throwing because the water was a little murky and could not see any bait.  One of my first casts I catch a big ol puffer fish.  It started puffing up right in my net.  After a few casts I only caught a few baits but kept trying.  Ended up with about a dozen.    Fished the flats and the channel for a while but not much going on.   Took a little break and sat back for a sec and took in the scenery.  The birds were soaring high above bird island. The wind was blowing and the sun was out. Perfect for a picture to send all the guys up north! Kayaking in December!!

So after my little break I decided to head to my honey hole!!  I still had a few live bait in the bucket.  Got to my spot, anchored up, and Bam!!!  First cast and I'm hooked up with a snapper.  Mangrove snapper in my area have to be 10 inches to keep and my first one was at 11 inches.   Another fish for the cooler!!   Every cast in I was getting a bite.  Caught a couple more keepers all about 10 1/2 -11 inches.  Lost a couple good ones and a couple big ones cut my line off and took my hook and everything....  My last bait I cast in and literally counted to 10 and Wam!! Like I knew it was going to happen!!  Skills!! LoL     Catch the biggest one at 15 inches and I got it on video!!   Not only was it my last bait, it was also my limit on Mangrove snapper. 5 bag limit.  So I was pretty damn happy and it was a good time to call it a day. 


Check out the video!!!  If you like my videos and posts please subscribe and give them thumbs up!!



Thanks!!!  Tight Lines!!




No comments:

Post a Comment